The Self-Worth Academy
Associate Training Program
Self-Worth Academy offers a 12 months online coach training program, firmly rooted in unconditional self-worth as an alternative to the contemporary culture of conditional self-esteem.
This program is for people already working in the field self-development, who want to empower their clients to value themselves (and their work) from a fresh perspective.
This course is inspired by the vision of bringing together a global network of Self-Worth facilitators: inspiring each other to bring new happiness and freedom into an increasingly self-absorbed world.
For more information, we invite you to watch the webinar
“The Path to Becoming an SWA Associate”
What will you learn?
- How to best support people whose self-worth is low;
- How to recognise when a client is making their friendship with themselves contingent on meeting expectations of self;
- How to identify our own self-worth vulnerabilities, so as not to project these onto clients;
- Powerful questions that help clients see the difference between self-worth and self-esteem;
- How to be specific about the type of clients you want to reach;
- Practical tips and tools to grow your practice;
- How to facilitate groups on themes of self-worth, and doing public talks/workshops;
- How to work with young people.
So what is Self-Worth Coaching?
(words in bold are the 11 coaching competencies defined by ICF. We have chosen this framework as the ICF standards are probably the best-known, globally.)
When supporting people with self-worth, our first task is one of creating awareness of unconditional self- worth. People come to coaching with decades of self-esteem training, so they often expect to be put on some “performance” program (which some schools of self-improvement actually do). Therefore, this raising of awareness is particularly important when you are establishing the coaching agreement.
For a self-worth journey, the creation of trust and intimacy is vital. You may well be the first person with whom the client ever gets to put down the burden of expectations and the imperatives of self-esteem. Through active listening and powerful questioning, you co-create new awareness and foster a new level of direct communication. Your own self-worth gives you a new level of coaching presence; you are totally on the client’s agenda and not trying to impress them, nor are you getting your own validation from the work you are doing together.
As with any coaching, it’s important to meet ethical guidelines and standards, even more so when it’s a person’s core relationship with themselves which is the reason for the coaching relationship. As you guide your clients away from exhausting habits of self-assessment and instead encourage them to live the life they already have, there will be action planning and goal-setting. However, the intent of these actions and goals will be very different from performance-based coaching, as will managing progress and accountability.
The adventure of witnessing people transplant their relationship with themselves onto the fertile ground of self-worth is a thrilling one. The transformation often happens within weeks, once a client is furnished with fresh awareness and a supportive partnership… you!
Who is it for?
The course is designed for people who either want to learn coaching skills or to re-learn coaching skills that specifically pertain to nurturing self-worth. Many of us have noticed how easy it is to slip into self- esteem coaching…. even when we are aware of the difference!
While there is no specific age- or experience-requirement, we do ask all participants…
- To come with a learner mindset. This applies even to those facilitators who are leading the group sessions.
- To read the book “The Self-Worth Safari” before attending the course, so as to derive maximum benefit from the sessions.
- Not to engage in any business- or personal- relationships with other participants for the duration of the course. Reason: to provide a safe space for all participants.
- To be willing to drop our habitual masks, whatever they may be… and to show up with no requirement to “prove oneself” or one’s expertise.
“John has been an inspiration. He challenges me to be courageous and to take actions I would not have thought of and seems to have a sixth sense for the right intervention”
JONATHAN GEARD BENEY
“John gets to the heart of the deep lack of worthiness that afflicts so many people, even those who are unaware of the affliction. (…) The greatest leaders operate from an innate sense of self-worth which enables them to focus on making betting choices (…).”
Founder and Lead Trainer at Coach Executive Studio, Author of “Coaching Global Top Teams”
For more information, register below to watch the webinar
“The Path to Becoming an SWA Associate”
Could Self-Worth Coaching be the next step of your personal and professional evolution?
If you feel inspired by what you’ve read so far, and would like to find out more about working together to radically transform your coaching practice and support the self-worth revolution in others we’d love to hear from you.
Please take a moment to fill out the form, briefly telling us about your background, the coaching methods you currently employ and where you hope to go from here. Or alternatively click on the button below if you’d prefer to have a conversation face to face.