ENERGY FOR TEAMS
“Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential”
– Sheryl Sandberg
Key SWA Insights / Approach
Recognise that many people have lost the reference points that have defined their self-esteem
A fresh understanding of self-worth unleashes new energy and transforms how people behave (for example, in meetings)
While self-esteem often leaves people chasing validation, self-worth empowers them with the courage to focus on value
Your value depends primarily on usefulness – not evaluations, experience, skills or technology. Not even nice comments about you!
SERVICES FOR TEAMS
A deep sense of self-worth changes how people engage with each other. They bounce back from setbacks and are free to focus on being interested rather than trying to be interesting. Self-worth is a key that unlocks creativity, resilience and better team relationships.
To explore your current needs, or to arrange a session tailored for your team, you are welcome to book an exploratory call with John Niland
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a Self-Worth Activist, advocating for deeper value of ourselves and others, to replace the current culture of conditional self-esteem.
A self-worth approach brings fresh value to life and work by…
- Replacing endless self-assessment with new freedom and wellbeing
- Replacing the craving for validation with fresh courage, confidence and creativity
- Filling the hunger for belonging with a deep connection to self and others
- Replacing stressful striving with joy
John is the author of the book “The Self-Worth Safari” and founder of Self-Worth Academy, bringing together an international spectrum of practitioners who share a belief in the power of self-worth.
Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). Since 2000, he is well known as a speaker at professional conferences and has coached hundreds of professionals to grow revenue and reputation, via an approach based on professional identity.
He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.
John currently lives just outside Lisbon, following many years in Brussels, London and Ireland. He still talks about “settling down one day”.
Some of John’s key insights include:
- Self-worth is the strongest foundation for resilience, confidence and self-belief
- Most people have been educated in self-esteem, not self-worth. This often leads to constant anxiety and insecurity
- When people shift to self worth, this dramatically changes their approach to career, communication and leadership
- Self-worth is also a game changer in relationships, enabling much deeper connection
- Self-worth is essential to successfully reinvent one’s professional identity and career in the Age of AI
“John’s deep insights about value have brought tangible rewards to our sales team: at least $4 million in the first three years. Self-worth enables sales professionals to achieve more.”
THOMAS A. MOLNAR
VP Global Sales, TOMRA Food
“The self-worth approach is an eye-opener: for wellbeing, productivity and resilience. Fruitful program and incredible speakers.”
SHAFY & CE&S MEA Team Microsoft
“The timing of this course coincided with a new job, a new project and an imposed quarantine (COVID-19), so not an easy period. The self-worth approach helped me to gain respect for my time. I can now exercise choice about how I take care of my attention, my work, myself. As a result, I have more energy and less anxiety. I am more focused and productive.”