ENERGY FOR TEAMS
“Being confident and believing in your own self-worth is necessary to achieving your potential”
– Sheryl Sandberg
Key SWA Insights / Approach
Recognise that many people have lost the reference points that have defined their self-esteem
A fresh understanding of self-worth unleashes new energy and transforms how people behave (for example, in meetings)
While self-esteem often leaves people chasing validation, self-worth empowers them with the courage to focus on value
Your value depends primarily on usefulness – not evaluations, experience, skills or technology. Not even nice comments about you!
SERVICES FOR TEAMS
A deep sense of self-worth changes how people engage with each other. They bounce back from setbacks and are free to focus on being interested rather than trying to be interesting. Self-worth is a key that unlocks creativity, resilience and better team relationships.
SKILLS TO ENERGISE TEAMS
1. Understanding how you get your energy: six possible sources
2. The significance of self-worth in terms of your energy and focus
3. Time-management understood as Energy + Focus: building healthy routines for career-development, self-care vs. being overwhelmed by the job
4. Introducing yourself with impact, making a strong first impression
5. Impactful communication in presentations, emails and day-to-day meetings
6. Building trust in virtual meetings
7. Preparing for reviews by collecting clear evidence of value, not just subjective / arbitrary adjectives or judgements
6. Dealing with difficult people, strengthening self-worth
7. Networking skills, for a post-pandemic world
8. Communicating the value of what you do (vs. your methodology, qualifications or experience)
9. Managing stress and anxiety
10. Being an effective mentor / leader: a model among peers
To explore your current needs, or to arrange a session tailored for your team, you are welcome to book an exploratory call with John Niland
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a professional speaker, as well as being a coach, author and guest lecturer at universities and professional associations. He works with professionals to be seen and valued in their work, by building a powerful professional identity rooted in self-worth.
Some of his key insights include:
- Energising and re-inventing who we are at work—not just what we do
- Fuelling professional life on self-worth rather than self-esteem
- Leading self and others by developing their professional identity
- Making professional life sustainable and enjoyable, enabling us to work to 75 and beyond
- Raising the value of our work, as the basis of more opportunity and reward
In 2018, he established The Self-Worth Academy, a global network of professionals passionate about promoting self-worth (and self-awareness) as a foundation for life and work.
John is the author of “The Self-Worth Safari”. Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.
“John’s deep insights about value have brought tangible rewards to our sales team: at least $4 million in the first three years. Self-worth enables sales professionals to achieve more.”
THOMAS A. MOLNAR
VP Global Sales, TOMRA Food
“The self-worth approach is an eye-opener: for wellbeing, productivity and resilience. Fruitful program and incredible speakers.”
SHAFY & CE&S MEA Team Microsoft
“The timing of this course coincided with a new job, a new project and an imposed quarantine (COVID-19), so not an easy period. The self-worth approach helped me to gain respect for my time. I can now exercise choice about how I take care of my attention, my work, myself. As a result, I have more energy and less anxiety. I am more focused and productive.”