For Coaches, Facilitators and Mentors
We are building a global network of trained self-worth and PI facilitators: inspiring each other to bring new happiness and freedom into an increasingly self-absorbed world.
The Self-Worth Academy offers 3 training programmes for coaches, facilitators and mentors. These are firmly rooted in unconditional self-worth rather than in conditional self-esteem.
All are facilitated by John Niland and created for service-based providers who want to deepen their knowledge of self-worth and learn how to integrate this into their field in order to empower their clients to value themselves (and their work) from a fresh perspective.
- Develop self-worth with others
- Integrate into your own activity e.g. leadership, career-coaching etc.
- 4 group sessions over one month
- Certifies you to delivery Discovery program
- Pre-requisite to become a facilitator is to take the 6-month Enriching Professional Identity course to amplify your own PI before developing with others
- Learn the 3 dimensions to PI to apply to career development coaching
- 18 LIVE group sessions over 6 months + 8 months practicum
- Certifies you to become a PI Facilitator for individuals and organisations
- Bio on the SWA website
- Access to all slides material to be used with own clients
- Access to a learning platform with self-study modules
- Access to various practicum events and workshops
- Become a licensed Self-Worth Coach
- Deliver all Self-Worth Academy (SWA) programs
- Train your own network of Facilitators
- Influence the future of SWA
- Be the voice of self-worth in your chosen field
- Unlimited 1×1 coaching calls with John to develop your own Self-Worth
- Access to Self-paced Course
- Access to various all practicum events and workshops
- Access to a global community of SWA associates to exchange ideas with
“After taking this course on Professional Identity, I feel I can finally begin to open the door to see my self worth and appreciate it with wonder and gladness instead of slamming the door shut and cowering behind it. As a result, I find I am saying Yes and No with clarity, making clear requests, pursuing opportunities with fresh energy and less afraid to charge for my work.”
“Immediate benefits in communicating my value to others. Being rooted in strengths, self-worth, & discovery really has a building effect… an enjoyable path to professional identity.”
What is Self-Worth?
Self-worth is a deep belief in your inherent value as a person. Your value is intrinsic, it does not depend on external conditions such as your job, status or qualifications. It does not depend on achieving your goals or getting that promotion. You are enough already.
Self-worth grows when you step into your relationship with yourself. The self-esteem based thinking we are accustomed to has us; second guessing our every move and evaluating our performance in life. The practice of self-worth deepens when you develop an unconditional friendship with yourself.
Why is Self-Worth important?
Contemporary culture places a lot of pressure on us to live up to expectations. This means we end up spending a lot of energy on proving ourselves. Although we put on a brave face, behind the scenes many of us live with a nagging sense of insecurity and a deep sense of unworthiness.
Often seemingly successful people experience a discordant sense of disappointment with themselves. From the fertile soil of self-worth the roots of self-esteem and self-confidence can proliferate.
“The revolutionary act of treating ourselves tenderly can begin to undo the aversive messages of a lifetime”
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a Self-Worth Activist, advocating for deeper value of ourselves and others, to replace the current culture of conditional self-esteem.
A self-worth approach brings fresh value to life and work by…
- Replacing endless self-assessment with new freedom and wellbeing
- Replacing the craving for validation with fresh courage, confidence and creativity
- Filling the hunger for belonging with a deep connection to self and others
- Replacing stressful striving with joy
John is the author of the book “The Self-Worth Safari” and founder of Self-Worth Academy, bringing together an international spectrum of practitioners who share a belief in the power of self-worth.
Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). Since 2000, he is well known as a speaker at professional conferences and has coached hundreds of professionals to grow revenue and reputation, via an approach based on professional identity.
He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.
John currently lives just outside Lisbon, following many years in Brussels, London and Ireland. He still talks about “settling down one day”.
Some of John’s key insights include:
- Self-worth is the strongest foundation for resilience, confidence and self-belief
- Most people have been educated in self-esteem, not self-worth. This often leads to constant anxiety and insecurity
- When people shift to self worth, this dramatically changes their approach to career, communication and leadership
- Self-worth is also a game changer in relationships, enabling much deeper connection
- Self-worth is essential to successfully reinvent one’s professional identity and career in the Age of AI