HOW TO GET A MEETING WITH ANYONE
To be successful in business-development, it’s essential to be able to get meetings with prospective clients.
Over the years, many people have told me that the single biggest problem they face is getting meetings with the right people. When they send a message, they either get no reply at all, or the person is just too busy to meet.
In this webinar on practical self-worth skills, we will tackle a simple challenge: “How to get a meeting with anyone”.
I’m going to cover some of the tried-and-tested techniques that work.
– Why many approaches fail;
– How to start an online conversation, in a human-friendly way;
– How to move from online-chat to coffee (or formal meeting);
– Opening that discussion with credibility and impact;
– Moving from first to second meeting.
Getting meetings is a vital skill that enables us to translate our self-worth into tangible value in the marketplace.
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a professional speaker, as well as being a coach, author and guest lecturer at universities and professional associations. He works with professionals to be seen and valued in their work, by building a powerful professional identity rooted in self-worth.
Some of his key insights include:
- Energising and re-inventing who we are at work—not just what we do
- Fuelling professional life on self-worth rather than self-esteem
- Leading self and others by developing their professional identity
- Making professional life sustainable and enjoyable, enabling us to work to 75 and beyond
- Raising the value of our work, as the basis of more opportunity and reward
In 2018, he established The Self-Worth Academy, a global network of professionals passionate about promoting self-worth (and self-awareness) as a foundation for life and work.
John is the author of “The Self-Worth Safari”. Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.