HOW TO RAISE THE VALUE OF YOUR WORK WITH A CLEAR PROFESSIONAL IDENTITY
The world of work has changed dramatically in 25 years. Today’s professionals want meaningful expression of their values and talents, not just a livelihood.
In this re-run of one of our most popular recent sessions we explore:
– What is professional identity and why is it important?
– The four biggest benefits of a clear identity at work
– The key steps to find an outstanding professional identity
– Why self-worth is vital, particularly during transitions
– Tips to illuminate professional identity with others: you as manager/mentor
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a professional speaker, as well as being a coach, author and guest lecturer at universities and professional associations. He works with professionals to be seen and valued in their work, by building a powerful professional identity rooted in self-worth.
Some of his key insights include:
- Energising and re-inventing who we are at work—not just what we do
- Fuelling professional life on self-worth rather than self-esteem
- Leading self and others by developing their professional identity
- Making professional life sustainable and enjoyable, enabling us to work to 75 and beyond
- Raising the value of our work, as the basis of more opportunity and reward
In 2018, he established The Self-Worth Academy, a global network of professionals passionate about promoting self-worth (and self-awareness) as a foundation for life and work.
John is the author of “The Self-Worth Safari”. Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.