NETWORKING: How to Open the Doors to Opportunity
Many of us look forward to meeting people again. But times have changed, too. In our next webinar “Networking: how to open the doors to opportunity”, we consciously reverse some of the usual advice handed out to professionals. One example of that is the “elevator pitch”, which all too often produces a synthetic, off-putting message. More than ever, people now want to meet authentically.
- Some of the preparation that IS helpful
- Tips on arrival at an event (social or personal)
- How to introduce yourself
- How to escape from situations in which you feel trapped
- How to develop interesting conversations (and what NOT to do!)
- How to lay a basis for staying in touch, and follow-up
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a professional speaker, as well as being a coach, author and guest lecturer at universities and professional associations. He works with professionals to be seen and valued in their work, by building a powerful professional identity rooted in self-worth.
Some of his key insights include:
- Energising and re-inventing who we are at work—not just what we do
- Fuelling professional life on self-worth rather than self-esteem
- Leading self and others by developing their professional identity
- Making professional life sustainable and enjoyable, enabling us to work to 75 and beyond
- Raising the value of our work, as the basis of more opportunity and reward
In 2018, he established The Self-Worth Academy, a global network of professionals passionate about promoting self-worth (and self-awareness) as a foundation for life and work.
John is the author of “The Self-Worth Safari”. Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.