SUSTAINING YOUR BUSINESS DURING COVID-19
Many businesses have been dramatically hit by Covid-19, threatening livelihoods, lifestyle and even family life. In this session, John Niland makes practical suggestions under five key headings (the 5Cs), by which an independent professional can reorganise their lives and their plans:
– Clients: how to stay close to clients and prospects during a crisis
– Costs: facing those tough decisions, that need to be made
– Cash: businesses don’t go bust for lack of revenue, but lack of cash
– Connection: caring for the principle asset in the business: you
– Creativity: moving from “breaking down” to “breaking through” for a better future
ABOUT JOHN NILAND
John Niland is a professional speaker, as well as being a coach, author and guest lecturer at universities and professional associations. He works with professionals to be seen and valued in their work, by building a powerful professional identity rooted in self-worth.
Some of his key insights include:
- Energising and re-inventing who we are at work—not just what we do
- Fuelling professional life on self-worth rather than self-esteem
- Leading self and others by developing their professional identity
- Making professional life sustainable and enjoyable, enabling us to work to 75 and beyond
- Raising the value of our work, as the basis of more opportunity and reward
In 2018, he established The Self-Worth Academy, a global network of professionals passionate about promoting self-worth (and self-awareness) as a foundation for life and work.
John is the author of “The Self-Worth Safari”. Previous books include “Hidden Value”, “Opportunity Conversations” and “The Courage to Ask” (co-authored with Kate Daly). He was a co-founder of the European Forum of Independent Professionals and previous CEO of Education for the Children, which works with families in Guatemala to break the cycle of poverty.